My Book

My Book

Friday, June 26, 2020

I am currently not responding to emails that will increase my workload.

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

We emerge Monday June 29th!!!!!

The "Y" is abuzz with activity. We are doing our final preparations for our emergence.

We are doing our final cleaning.

We are training our staff on the new procedures and realities of providing services to our community.

Even our Executive Director Daryl has gotten into the act. For those of you who do not remember Daryl, he is quite the star. He has even been seen on T.V. most notably with Flo in the Progressive commercials. Here is a picture of Daryl.



As we emerge from our cocoon so has Daryl.



Daryl got a haircut and a shave, or more the way Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor would have said it.

Shave and a haircut two bits:


I am not sure how to respond to the new Daryl. It is like having a boss who is 14 years old.

In all seriousness Daryl is amazing. He has a high E.Q. and an MBA. These two qualities are rarely seen together, just say-in. Although since the "Shave and a haircut, two bits" he some funny new quirks.

One of Daryl's peers, Kelly (not her real name but a story always goes better with a name attached) emailed Daryl about doing some more work, this was his reply.

"I am currently not responding to emails that will increase my workload. If this inquiry has potential to do so you can expect communication between 2027 and 2030.

I appreciate your email and look forward to talking at some point of time in the near or potentially very distant future."

Have a great day,
Daryl

Personally I love that email.

As I mentioned earlier, we are conducting staff training's. One of the exercises we have the staff doing is, "Why we do, what we do."

As Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor is fond of saying, "We save lives."

We may use a pool, a set of weights or cardio equipment.

We may use youth sports or enrichment camps.

But we use them to help us get to a place where we can truly influence people into changing behavior and save their lives.

It is impossible to measure:
-How many kids didn't drown.
-How many people didn't do drugs.
-How many people didn't...

I am reminded of the starfish analogy, "It mattered to that one."

We are emerging Monday June 29th.

Let's go save some lives.

Blessings,
Roger


No comments:

Post a Comment