My Book

My Book

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

You can't touch me

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

I had writer's block this morning. Usually my routine is to write the bread before the day gets in the way but this morning was different.

God hadn't given me anything yet so I took that as Him saying, "Go to work, I will talk to you later." So I did.

I got to the "Y" and it was it's usual quite self.

Virtual camps were going, Eddie was off doing whatever it is that Executive Directors do in the morning. I did my walk through of the building. Old habits die hard.

When I got back to my office Esmeralda (Again, not her real name, but a story always goes better with a name attached.) was there.

We decided to go get coffee at the local Starbucks.

Side note: Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor you will understand this; Esmeralda picked her own Bread name. I would have named her Sue for the ease of writing it, but no she had to be Esmeralda. At least I get to pick the spelling.

Back to our story:

We go through the drive through of Starbucks and order our drinks.

When we get to the window the Barista hands out our drinks inside another larger cup. Immediately M.C. Hammer comes to mind and I start singing!

But me being me I changed the lyrics to fit the moment. Of course Esmeralda joined in.

It goes like this:

You can't touch me
You can't touch me
You can't touch me
You can't touch me
My, my, my my music hits me so hard
Makes me say, "Oh my Lord"
Thank you for blessin' me
With a mind to rhyme and two hype feet
It feels good, when you know you're down
A super dope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat, uh, you can't touch
I told you homeboy (You can't touch me)
Yeah, that's how we livin' and ya know (You can't touch me)
Look in my eyes, man (You can't touch me)
Yo, let me bust the funky lyrics (You can't touch me)
Fresh new kicks, and pants
You gotta like that, now you know you wanna dance
So move outta yo seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin', hold on!
Pump a little bit and let 'em know it's goin'…

The Barista was not impressed. I am sure the person behind us who I am sure was ordering for the entire office was not impressed either.

God liked it though.

He said, "You know Roger people like going to church, singing songs, being with people and some even like listening to the message. But when I say something like, "maybe you might consider doing this differently, or thinking about that person differently, or changing an action, I get 'You can't touch me' it is like they are singing that silly song."

In this time of social distancing, don't social distance from God.

Not only listen to what He has to say, but do what He asks you to do.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment