My Book

My Book

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Don't be that guy.

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Yesterday I was a guest on "Coffee with Jonna".

Being a guest on "Coffee with Jonna" is a lot (at least I imagine because I have never been) like being interrogated. Jonna had spent time with the District Attorneys office as a victims advocate; now I see why.

Actually, being on "Coffee with Jonna" wasn't bad at all. Although I have never been comfortable with the spotlight on me. I am a good listener and although I have the ability to converse I would much rather listen than talk, especially about myself. I found myself asking Laurie if dates where correct and other things that for whatever reason I just do not find important about myself, I left it to her, as an active studio audience member, to fill in the blanks.

Enough about me.

During the interro-interview Jonna said, "It seems like you have this special connection with God and He talks with you. Can you write about that in your bread?"

I said, "Ok, but I already have been writing about listening to God".

A short reminder of how to listen, Use all your senses. If you are just relying on your ears you will miss a lot if not the entire conversation with God.

Also, Prayer is not some magical saying or set of words that if said just right your wishes come true.

God does not live in Aladdin's lamp.


Prayer is nothing more than a conversation with God, and a good conversation is a two-way street. We all have those friends that won't let you get a word in edgewise, Don't be that friend. God is a great listener. He won't talk until you are done talking. He won't talk until you are ready to listen.

Don't be that friend that calls and does all the talking and then hangs up when they are finished.

Don't pray to God and say "amen" when you are done talking, then telling people that God won't talk to you.

Don't be that guy.

I have found that if I want God to talk with me I have to be very quiet. I have to be able to see and feel. Only then will I hear God.

I also have to be ready to hear what God has to say.

Remember God is not like your earthly parents. He is much better than they are at this parenting thing, after-all He invented it.

God wants to talk with you, will you talk with Him?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment