My Book

My Book

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

It's Giving Tuesday! What is that?

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Today is "Giving Tuesday". I am not really sure what "Giving Tuesday" is, but that isn't surprising, these days I am not really sure about anything.

Evidently, "Giving Tuesday" is a Facebook driven event. This means that it lives in the Twitterfields, or Googlelands, or the internets universe.

Remember I am the guy that had kids because he could not figure our the new VHS Tape machine for his T.V. and knew that the next generation would be able to figure this stuff out.

Yes, by the time I had thought about having kids to figure out the VHS tapey thing-a-ma-bob, got married (I am the guy that thinks having a wife to have the kids is the way to go, otherwise I would get stuck with diapers.) had the kids and they grew big enough to figure out the VHS tapey thing, we had moved on to DVR's. As a matter of fact we had almost moved on from the Huge old tube T.V.'s to the giant flat screen T.V.s without the need for DVR's.


Anyway, I had kids because I am not a technology guy. Oh by the way, the whole having a wife to have the kids and not leave me with dirty diapers didn't work either. I had to do those too; in fact, I got so good at changing diapers that I used to pretend I was a rodeo star and did calf roping. I could grapple a toddler, throw him to the ground, change his diapers and have him back up and running through the house in under 8-seconds! Pretty proud of that, just say-in.

Back to "Giving Tuesday".

I am going to have to ask Norm (Remember not his real name but a story always goes better with a name attached). Norm is an expert in the Twiiterlands, Googlefields, and internetswastelands. He is also a wiz at Emoji's. Norm is a savant!

According to Norm our "Giving Tuesday" is going to be a facebook live event that goes from 10am to 11am PST (Pacific Standard time) I did that not because I didn't think you knew what PST stood for, but because if you haven't notice I like open and closed parentheticals, just being open and transparent.

Here is the link https://www.ymcacw.org/giving-tuesday-now

"Giving Tuesday" is a global day of Unity, I like Unity. It is also a day and a way in which you can participate in all the things our "Y" does to positively impact our community. I am inviting you to join us.

Please be my guest in this "Global day of Unity", have some fun, hear a story or two, fall asleep to a boring old bald, fat chaplain, and partner with us as we do our very best to "Teach a community to love its neighbor.

See you soon.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment