My Book

My Book

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Sittin' in the mornin' sun

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes
Watchin' the ships roll in
Then I watch 'em roll away again
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide, roll away
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

Wastin' time.

My wife is a corporate travel agent. So it isn't a stretch to figure out that she sets up travel all over the world for corporations and their peeps. It is also not a stretch to realize that people/corporations are not traveling right now.

My wife says she is on a forced sabbatical.

People ask us, "What have you been doing all day?"

Our reply is, "Wasting time with God."

We spend our days putsin' around the house and yard, sometimes just sitting in our chairs quietly listening to what God has to say.

Sittin' in the mornin' sun is something we now do on a regular basis. Just sittin' listening for, and to God.

There is a good chance that I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes.

Laurie (my wife) and I live near the Columbia River, sometimes we go down to the docks Watchin' the ships roll in.

We may spend enough time there to actually say, "Then I watch 'em roll away again."

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay, or the river.

Watchin' the tide, roll away, or not.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time, with God.

Wastin' time with God is not time wasted, just sayin',

Have you wasted time with God lately? I would love to hear your stories.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment