My Book

My Book

Friday, May 22, 2020

I think I will stop watching the news people and their rash words.

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

Rash words are like sword thrusts,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

It seems that I have a lot of screen time lately. Between ZOOM meetings, work and catching up on the news I spend a lot of time in front of a screen. The funny, well not funny ha ha but funny in the totally duh sort of way, is when I am in front of my screen someone else is in front of their screen looking at me. or at least into their screen.

ZOOM meetings for the most part are necessary and good. I also understand the work thing that involves a screen, in fact I am having that kind of screen time now.

The one piece of screen time that I am finding less and less attractive is the catching up on the news screen time.

Solomon, the son of David, once said, "Rash words are like sword thrusts."

When I watch the news it seems as if all I hear are rash words. When I watch the news, am I really getting news or am I just listening to people vent.

I do not need to turn on the news to just listen to people vent.

I do that all day every day.

Solomon also said, "but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

This is something that I have found to be true.

Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people."

I like that quote.

The "Y" has a similar quote we like to say, "Storm the problem, not the person."

I think I will stop watching the news people and their rash words.

I think I will spend more time listening to people who want to heal not hurt.

I think I will spend more time looking for wise instruction. It seems to be the prudent thing to do.

Blessings,
Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment