My Book

My Book

Friday, May 1, 2020

Floating Butterflies

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

What a day, what a day.

The sun is shining. The birds are singing, and butterflies are flying.

I was sitting on my porch this morning (Yes, I am an old guy who sits on the porch). I was listening to the birds sing and watching the butterflies float and flutter by. Other little flying creatures flit around as they fly as if they are in a panic, not butterflies, they flutter and float in a relaxed fashion. It is quite soothing to watch actually, a butterfly flying.

As I watched the butterflies my mind journeyed to a place of transformation, a place of cocoons and silk. I remembered watching a time-lapse of a caterpillar making its cocoon and emerging some time later as a beautiful butterfly.

As I relaxed allowing God to take me on this journey of transformation I was filled with awe and wonderment. I was also not afraid.

A still soft voice said, "I have you in a process of transformation. I also have you in the palm of my hand."

I asked, "Will the world be different when we come out of this transformation?"

The still soft voice replied, "Will it be the world that is different, or will it be you?"

It went on to say, "Will the world be different, or will it be the way you see it?"

Transformation is a funny thing.

We tend to want others to change while we remain the same, "Don't make me change."

Yet, every book on change (including the Bible) talks in terms of personal change, personal transformation.

Transformation, I am along for the ride.

Oh by the way:

Everyone is asking what Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor (Remember not his real name) our CEO looks like. I have placed his LinkedIn picture here so everyone can see him. Of course, it looks like he used a picture of a much younger Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor, typical.



Transformation, I will contemplate this some more.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment