My Book

My Book

Monday, April 18, 2022

It is the Monday after the Sunday!

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

It is the Monday after the Sunday!

We went through Palm Sunday, then the Passion week, then Good Friday, had scary Saturday, and then we had Easter Sunday, Yeah!!!!

Now it is Monday. The Monday after the Sunday.

Jesus has died and Christ has risen. He has risen indeed! I can't tell you how many times I have responded to this greeting.

Yet so often I still find myself living in scary Saturday. You know, the day after Jesus died, and the day before Christ has risen. He has risen indeed! I just can't help myself. 

On scary Saturday the disciples hid behind a locked door, sure that the Roman army and the Sanhedrin would find them and execute them too. They lived in fear. They didn't know that Christ would rise so their fear was justified. 

But I am living after Easter Sunday. The Sunday when Christ has risen. He has risen indeed! Then why do I sometimes find myself living a scary Saturday life? Why aren't I living a life of happiness and gratitude all the time? Why aren't I living a fearless life? 

Is it because I don't believe? I am sure there are some that say that would be the reason they would say,  "A true Christian would never be sad, or scared, or depressed."

No, as much as I would like to validate their assumptions, it isn't because of that. 

I wonder what it could be? Could it be because I am weak? Well, maybe I am.

Could it be that I am unintentional? Maybe. 

It is after all the Monday after the Sunday.

Maybe it is just because I am human, and that is the way God made me? Maybe, I don't know everything. Maybe, it is because I can't see the future.

Maybe, even though I know Christ has risen, and my sins have been forgiven, I don't know what tomorrow will bring and this has a tendency to cause angst for me. And maybe, God has made me this way so that I will always fall back and rely on Him and not myself. 

It is the Monday after the Sunday. 

Even though I may not have it all together I am sure grateful that I am not in this alone and Christ is here with me. As I continue to work out my faith with fear and trepidation, somebody said to do that somewhere. I know I read it somewhere.

I would love to consistently live in the Monday after the Sunday and not have scary Saturdays.

Am I the only one? or do you feel the same way?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment