My Book

My Book

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

A little Cat Stevens

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I'm looking for a hard headed woman
One who'll take me for myself
And if I find my hard headed woman
I won't need nobody else, no no no!

I'm looking for a hard headed woman
One who'll make me do my best
and if I find my hard headed woman
I know the rest of my life will be blessed

Laurie and I went to visit Neffery and Jazmin in the hospital yesterday. Neffery is in ICU and is having a hard time. He is fighting hard, Jazmin is right there with him fighting hard too. We sat with Jazmin for a good long while; a good long while in Chaplain terms. One thing a person must learn if they are to be an effective chaplain is, to know when to go. You show up, be present, and go before you wear out your welcome. 

So often, people will come to visit someone in the hospital, and the person laying in the bed ends up "hosting" the visitor, making them feel better about being in front of someone in pain. If I can give any advice it is this, "Don't make the person in the hospital bed responsible for your feelings." They have enough to worry about without putting that on them.

If Neffery and Jazmin come to mind, say a prayer for them, I know they would appreciate it.

After our visit, Laurie and I were in the car, I was driving, and Hard Headed Woman came on the radio. 

I said, "I think I found my hard headed woman."

Laurie replied, "Yep."

I know a lot of fancy dancers
Yes, people who can glide you on a floor
They move so smooth but have no answers
When you ask them "What d'you come here for?"
"I don't know."
"Why?"

Yes, I have known fancy dancers. Those tapes play in my head too. Oh, they talk so smoothly but cut you like a knife. 

Why did I ever listen to fancy dancers? I will spend time thinking about that one. Not what they said, that would be looking back, and looking back brings dangerous scary things back into my head. No, I won't perseverate on what they said, but rather, why I ever listened. 

I know many fine feathered friends
But their friendliness depends on how you do
They know many sure fired ways to find the one who pays
And how you do

When I went off to college I found many fine feathered friends, we called them hanger-oners. These "friends" are a big reason I ended up in the Navy. I must admit my radar is ranged pretty far out on these people. 

I'm looking for a hard-headed woman
One who makes me feel so good
And if I find my hard-headed woman
I know my life will be as it should

When you get unstuck and make it to dry ground, your feelings come back, you're not so numb. 

I have my hard-headed woman. And my life is as it should. 

Do you have your hard-headed person in your life?

If you do, are you grateful?

If you don't keep looking, they are out there looking for you.

Something to ponder.

Blessings,
Roger








 

1 comment:

  1. I thank God everyday for your hard headed woman! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete