My Book

My Book

Friday, May 19, 2023

Sometimes when we look too far ahead we see mirages.

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

The forest is beautiful this morning. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all seems to be right in the world, at least for the moment. 

The path is winding through the woods, which keeps me from looking too far down the road; this is a good thing. Sometimes when we look too far ahead we see mirages. We think we see something, but in fact, it is something else entirely. Most of the time it is nothing at all. But, we think we see something and get all wiggy about it. 

It is a good thing the path serpentines through the forest. 

I have been doing a really good job of not looking back, the urge to do so is less every day. I am now working on being present in the moment and not skipping ahead, so to speak. 

I think God is preparing me for something, and I cannot see what it is; this is no surprise, He has never asked me my opinion, or what I thought about one of His plans. 

I am so not the boss.

He will tell me when He is good and ready, this I know. 

I am seeing more and more people with muddy boots, in all stages of the muddy boot saga. 

One thing I have noticed about people that have trudged through the mud and are now on a path is that they are not so quick to come up with an answer. They seem to be less likely to rush to judgment. 

They tend to be good listeners. 

They also seem to have the ability to be good guides along the way. They will tell you if you are actually looking at something or if it is just a mirage. They seem to be able to sift through the muck and get to the good stuff. 

They don't spend their time peering way down the road, the road will take care of itself. 

They seem content, there is a bit of sadness in their eyes which tells me there is something hard they went through, but in the end, there is a contentedness about them, it is comforting and reassuring. 

They say things like, "Don't look past that person, look them in the eye, and ask them, 'How are you today?"

The muddy boot people that I have come across, the ones with old caked-on mud, seem to have a bit of wisdom that helps me along the way. 

They say strange things like, "It isn't the challenge that defines you, it is your response." 

This one always causes me to ponder. 

1. What is my challenge?

2. How do I respond?

It is good to think of these things. It keeps me intentional.

How are you responding to the challenges in your life? 

Are you responding in a way that you like?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment