My Book

My Book

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Go find a person with muddy boots!

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Think I am standing on dry ground!

I know that I am on the edge of dry ground and the mud is right behind me, but hey, I found dry ground!

I am scared to look behind me. The voices are faint and unintelligible. I am afraid to look behind me because they may come rushing forward and pull me back in. 

I told Laurie, "I know I am a context person, but I am not looking back; only forward from now on.  

I also know that I could not have done it without all the people in my life that came alongside me in such a wonderful, powerful way and helped me while I was trudging through the mud.

The last week and a half have been quite an experience. 

I would say, last week was a hell of a month.

I was angry, emotional, up, down, and somewhere in the middle. 

I often wonder if anyone else ever has a week like that, or am I the only one?

Darryl and I were headed back to the Clark YMCA after an open, honest, authentic, V.P. meeting, in which Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor is also in attendance. 

When I say we had a V.P. meeting that was open, honest, and authentic, what I am really saying is, there was some yelling, and some crying (Mostly from Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor, he is such a drama queen!). Well maybe I teared up a bit too, but I will never admit it. Samantha shared some financial information, God bless her. She is so nice, she even wakes us up after she finishes. 

All I have to say is, financial discussions are so invigorating!

Anyway, Darryl and I were driving back to Clark in his mid-life crisis car, complaining about life, and everything in it. Then all of a sudden traffic came to a halt. If you have ever driven through Portland Oregon during rush hour you know that a thirty-minute drive can turn into a 3-4 hour drive at the drop of a hat.

I looked at Darryl and said, " Oh great, now we aren't going to get back to the Y until after 6pm!

Darryl looked over at me and said, "I know I've got!"

I said, "Me too!"

Darry responded, "I, you, drive!"

I couldn't take it any longer and I yelled, "Complete sentences Darryl, COMPLETE SENTENCES!!"

When a Sasquatch gets really angry they can't complete a sentence to save their life, which is really aggravating to the listener, just say-in. 

We were crawling along for about 30 minutes when all of a sudden we came to the scene of a bad accident. The car was flipped onto its roof, people were standing around crying, and other people had already stopped and were rendering aid. The fire trucks and ambulances weren't even there yet. 

Darryl gets silent for a moment, as we passed the wreck, and then looked over at me and said, "You know what? 

I said, "What."

He said, "Our lives aren't that bad, they could be a lot worse."

I just looked at him and said, "You know what, you are absolutely right. My life is not that bad."

Darryl said, "Roger, no it isn't. You have a lot of people that love you, including me, and know that I have your back."

All of a sudden, the mud just got a lot less sticky.

Once we passed the accident there was very little traffic, funny how blocking a road will limit the number of cars on it after the blockage. 

We got back to the Y and I walked to my office and what do I see!


Someone had put this on my door!

I bet it was Esmerelda.

I don't know if you can see it or not, but there is scripture on the door as well. 1 Samuel 14:7, "I am with you all the way."

This scripture is from when Jonathan wanted to get a closer look at the Philistine army, a suicide mission all the way, and his armor bearer knowing full well that they would die if they went said, "I am with you all the way."

I ask you; how can anyone stay trudging in the mud when they have so many people that are not only trudging through the mud with them but won't let them go.

This was the last straw, it broke the suction of the mud and I was able to step onto dry ground.

Muddy boot people are the best people ever.

Go find a person with muddy boots!

Have a great day!
Blessings,
Roger


No comments:

Post a Comment