My Book

My Book

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

I have to keep reminding myself that today is where life is.

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

This wandering in the open is not as easy as it would seem. 

I have to remain intentional. 

I find that if I just let my mind wander it still tends to either lean to the past or try to run ahead into the distant future. If I don't remain conscious of what I am having my mind work on, it can end up working on things that I never intended it to work on in the first place. 

I can ignore all the signs and end up in trouble. 

I know what you are thinking, "How can you possibly ignore multiple signs or even one sign that warns you of multiple mishaps?"

Well, I am glad you asked. I just happen to have a picture for you.


Laurie and I were with friends (obviously, I don't own a Cadillac SUV) and saw this sign. As you can plainly see, we parked, we stopped, and we stood. I guess the only question that came to my mind was, "Just how are they (the maker of the sign) defining 'at any time'?" 

I just about went on a 30,000-word tirade regarding the phrase "at any time" and the relevance of it to what we are talking about, but I didn't, I am awake to my thoughts at the moment, and am not going to go unconsciously into a thought pattern that will get us way off course:)

I am walking in the open and I can see a long way ahead of me if I choose to look. I can see a long way behind me if I choose to look. If I start to sleepwalk and just let my mind run it will either end up running way ahead or running way back into the past. 

There will be no sleepwalking today. I am enjoying the present. I am going to see many people today at my YMCA and I want to be present to all of them. I want to enjoy my time with them. 

The past is gone and tomorrow will take care of itself.

I have to keep reminding myself that today is where life is. 

Are you enjoying today, or are you letting your mind run way ahead, or way behind? 

Something to ponder.
Blessings,
Roger



No comments:

Post a Comment