My Book

My Book

Thursday, May 4, 2023

I found a traveling partner.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I found a traveling partner.

I asked and they said yes.

I am starting my journey down the path, trying my best not to look at the mud; keeping my eyes forward, focused on the path.

For many years I was a motorcycle guy, I guess I was a motorcyclist, but that just sounds houty-toughty to me.

One thing you learn riding a motorcycle is not to look directly at the obstacle you want to avoid. No, you look at the place you want to go and ride there. If you focus on the obstacle you will ride right over it, or into it, that never ends well. 

So, I am keeping my eyes forward, focused on the path.

My traveling partner is right here with me, watching me intently, making sure I don't slip; making sure I focus on the future and not on the past, holding me steady so I don't slip back into the mud. 

Having a traveling partner is comforting. I feel safer, and not so alone on this journey.

I am a canoeist, well doesn't that sound houty-toughty!

Ok, I am a guy who owns a canoe.

Actually, I own two canoes; one is a tandem canoe and one is a solo canoe.

There are times that I like to canoe alone. 

There are times I like to walk alone.

Today is not that day, I am not sure when that day will come, but hopefully, someday,  I will be able to canoe alone, at least for a short time. 

Hopefully, someday, I will be able to walk alone, at least for a short time. 

But, I shouldn't get ahead of myself. After all, I am just starting down the path that will lead to home.  

I am just grateful that I have someone that has my back. 

I know the healing process will be slow, but I also know that it can happen; I have seen it happen to others. 

It is my prayer that somehow, somewhere, someone is reading these bits of ramblings and is finding hope and a future out of them. 

I guess that is why I am putting myself out there, in hopes of helping someone. 

Have you ever put yourself out there for the sole reason to help someone? 

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment