My Book

My Book

Monday, May 15, 2023

I am in the forest. If I end up in "The Wizard of Oz" movie I will just freakout!

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

I am in the trees, it turns out it is a forest. It is not an ominous feeling forest, in fact, it feels pretty nice. It is an old forest with large trees and a few younger ones intermixed; an old-growth forest, not a second or third-growth forest. This is a forest that anyone from the Pacific Northwest can visualize. There is space between the trees, the undergrowth has grass and ferns, and there is even fungus among us, which is just another way of saying, there are mushrooms growing everywhere. 

I love mushrooms but I would never pick and eat a mushroom, I would die. Hmmm...I hadn't thought of that method before. Maybe...? Nope, I am not adding that to the list. My list is long enough, and besides I am in a better place and looking forward not behind. 

I am beginning to wonder if the forest just ends abruptly, or if there is a meadow in the middle of it?

Now that has me thinking.

Ok, so if you ever wonder what the difference is between thinking and pondering, it is this; "thinking" is having something in your brain for a moment or two and then moving on. Pondering takes more effort. Pondering requires intentionality, it can take a bit of time but you are still present to the world around you. Now if I get to perseverating, that is as different from pondering as pondering is from thinking/wondering about something. Perceverating takes effort. The world fades away and I am just cranking away on a particular thought. It can be a good thing if I am perseverating on a positive thought, and my heart is light. It can be a bad thing if I am perseverating on a negative thought. It is flat dangerous if something scary and bad comes into focus. 

This is why I am focusing on the future and not the past. 

Anyway, I am starting to wonder if I will come to a meadow, or if I come to a witch's house. If I come to a cornfield with a talking scarecrow I will just freak out. Being stuck in The Wizard of Oz would just be awful. Talk about crazy, that world was just nuts. Just thinking about the possibility makes me laugh.

I wonder what the forest will bring?

I wonder what the future holds?

As I drive the car of life down the road of life, I seldom get to see what God is up to. he doesn't run things by me, He doesn't ask my opinion. It is like He is the boss or something. It is only when I glance in the rearview mirror that I see what He has been up to. The only problem with this is, I can't drive the car of life down the road of life staring into the rearview mirror, I will run into a tree! I did that already, I was focused on the bad of the past, looking past God and how he has been involved in my life and I ran into the proverbial tree. I almost killed myself by staring in my rearview mirror! I am staring intently out of the windshield; this requires faith. 

Right now I am walking contently in the forest.

This got me to wondering, which of course got me to pondering.

Where are you walking?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger


No comments:

Post a Comment