My Book

My Book

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Darryl's new camp name is T-Bone

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Darryl and I have been carpooling to the corporate office lately. I had originally thought this was a good idea, but recently I have begun to rethink my initial thoughts. 

I think that I mentioned that Darryl has been going through a midlife crisis. He has joined a gym, started a workout routine, gone on a diet, and bought a car; he has even started to trim his beard. 

There is nothing worse than a sasquatch in the middle of a midlife crisis. 

I can't remember the last time I heard a complete sentence from Darryl. 

As I mentioned earlier Darryl and I have been carpooling to the corporate office. Darryl insists that he drive. After all, what good is it to have a midlife crisis car and not drive it?

My traveling companion and I have been having a lot of fun walking through the woods. 

Actually, without my companion, I really don't think I would be where I am today, which is quite a long way from the mud. I haven't looked at the past for quite some time and in fact, haven't even thought about how I could end it all for a while. 

I would say that I am out of the woods, but we all know that I am still in the woods, just walking along, singing a song.

Darryl has been driving me to corporate, or should I say I have somehow not died, as Darryl And I made our way to corporate.

Darryl is very proud of his midlife crisis car. 

When he first told me he got a sports car, I asked him what he bought? 

Darryl said, "I bought a Porsche!"

I replied, "Wow, show me a picture!"


Evidently, Darryl spells Porshe G-O-L-F. 

This will explain a lot very soon.

So Darryl has developed a bad habit of turning left in front of oncoming traffic. When I gasp, he just laughs and says, "It is on your side!" Just last Thursday he did this 3 times on the way to corporate.

I finally make it out of the mud and am far enough down the path that I don't even think of ways to end it all and here is Darryl giving me new ideas. 

Uggg....

Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor has decided that we all need camp names. For the longest time, Darryl went with the name Polar Bear. But I am giving him a new Camp name.

Darryl's new camp name is going to be T-Bone. 

Darryl is a good friend and a good traveling companion. He keeps things interesting.

As we walk down the path of life, it is good to know that we have people that we can depend upon. I feel blessed and lucky to have the people in my life that I have. Without them, I am not so sure that I would be here bothering you right now. 

If you have people you can depend on, be grateful, if you don't, find some. Life is not meant to be lived alone. 

Take a look around you and see what you have got.

Are you where you want to be?

Do you want something different?

Do you want something more?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger



No comments:

Post a Comment