My Book

My Book

Friday, May 5, 2023

Having a traveling partner is comforting. I feel safer, and not so alone on this journey.

 Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.
I am just walking along, singing a song
Oh we ain't got a barrel of money
Maybe were raggedy and funny
But we'll travel along, singing a song
Side by side.
We don't know what's coming tomorrow
Maybe it's trouble and sorrow
But we will travel the road, sharing our load
Side by side 
Dean Martin
I wish I knew how to sing on key.

My traveling partner is doing their best to stay upbeat and positive, but it is kind of hard when someone is singing and it sounds like a cat in a dryer.

Actually, I have no idea what a cat in a dryer would sound like, but I bet it is pretty awful.

I slipped a couple of times, but my companion was there to catch me. 

I got scared once but was reassured it was not a real danger.  

I was talking with a friend who gave me a great definition and the difference between Anxiety and Depression.

Depression is the belief that something bad happened and there is no hope.
Anxiety is the belief that something bad is about to happen and there is nothing I can do about it. 

Having one of these is bad enough; having them both is horrible.

Those two tapes can and have wreaked havoc on me. 

Those two tapes have caused me a lot of pain.

Those two tapes are one of the main reasons I don't look back. 

Have I had bad things happen to me in my life? Of course I have, it is called living. 
I just need to keep reassuring myself that, that was then, this is now. I am not in the same place, those people are not here, and I have people beside me that have my back.

The funny thing about the tapes that play in your head is that they never really go away. You just need to answer them differently and call them out as a lie. 

I am working on that, and my companion is beside me, helping me do that. 

Have I slipped,? yes, of course, I have. It is like learning to walk again. But someone was there to catch me.

Have I gotten scared? Yes, of course, I have. This is a scary journey. But someone was there to reassure me that I was safe.

Have I cried? Yes, of course, I have. I am still sad. But someone was there to just let me cry, so I didn't cry alone.

But I am back on the path, looking forward intently. 

I think I will be ok. At least, that is what Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor tells me. 
FYI-he is still a pain in the butt though, just say-in. 

Blessings,
Roger

 


No comments:

Post a Comment