My Book

My Book

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Muddy boots peeps got more to worry about than how a person laments to God.

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Being in open country is a vulnerable place to be.

I know a thing or two about open country, I grew up in Kansas. Kansas is open country, not many trees, not many hills, in fact not many of anything. 

Kansas is so flat that I once watched my dog run away from home for three days!

In open country, there is no place to hide. 

I am in open country, and I can look as far into the future as I want. I can look as far into the past as I want.

I am intentionally staying present in the moment, but this has its realizations too. 

I have to apologize to God.

The song, "Need a Favor" by Jelly Roll comes to mind. 

I only talk to God, when I need a favor
And I only pray when I ain't got a prayer
So who am I, who am I to expect a savior, oh
If I only talk to God when I need a favor?
But, God, I need a favor
Jelly Roll

I cleaned it up a bit, there was a cuss word in there, which I know God is bigger than being offended over, but there might be a fancy shoe person that will. Muddy boots peeps got more to worry about than how a person laments to God. 

This being in open country is good for the soul. It gives it a chance to call out to God and to cleanse itself. 

I had been talking with God most of my life. I would talk with Him about the most mundane things. I wouldn't wait until I needed a favor or wait for something interesting to say. I would talk with Him, and He would talk with me. 

Some people would say tell me I was crazy, and I would respond, "Well, if having a conversation with God is crazy, then I would rather be crazy than live in your sane world."

I have to apologize to My Dad. I  have to tell Him.

I am sorry.
I am sorry that I stopped talking to you about the mundane things.
I am sorry that I got into the habit of asking.
Asking for things.
Asking for outcomes.
Asking for feelings.
I am sorry that I stopped being grateful for the life you have given me.
I am sorry I wanted to end it.
I am sorry I haven't been a good son. 
I will do my best to do better.
I will do my best to talk with you more.
I will do my best to listen better.
I give you full permission to remind of my apology and to call me out. 
Not my will, but your will be done.
Love you!

It is hard to apologize and to own your s_it, I guess that was a muddy boot moment.

I could go on and on with this lament, but there is always tomorrow. I must look to today, this is where life happens.

Blessings,
Roger


  

No comments:

Post a Comment