My Book

My Book

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Am I in the right place? Am I in the right space?

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor and I are still trudging through the mud. 

"T" has started talking but I don't think he is talking to me. He seems to be mumbling to himself at the moment. 

He seems to be mumbling, "Am I in the right place? Am I in the right space?" Over and over again. 

I have this mental picture; it is of a couple of flip chart pages stuck to a wall, the wall is your typical YMCA wall with a bunch of inspirational words on it. In my mind, it looks something like this. 


I told you it was loud in my head. 

Anyway "T" and I are trudging along, "T" is mumbling about places and spaces. I am sure he will bring me into his thoughts soon enough. For now, I must be happy with just being that friend that walks beside him as he works through the tapes in his head. 

The enemy is really yelling at him right now. Actually, the enemy isn't yelling at him, he is yelling at 9-year-old "T" the kid that can't fight back. I can see young "T" cowering under the onslaught of verbal abuse. 

I can't help him yet, he won't let me in, but he will, they always do, eventually.  

While we walk, I think about all the lies that the enemy told me, and how those lies made me feel.

I contemplate Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor's mumblings. 

Am I in the right place? I believe that I am, I think I am still relevant and have things of value. 

Am I in the right space, that is is the question? It is not up to me to decide. I have always said that I am here to help, and if that time is over or if something else is needed; then we will have to make a change. 

As I walk with "T" I am at peace. Maybe having my traveling companion following us along the trail helps, maybe so, but the end result is that I am at peace. 

I will continue to contemplate, "Am I in the right place? Am I in the right space?"

Have you ever contemplated this?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger




No comments:

Post a Comment