My Book

My Book

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Well Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor and I have started our mud trudge.

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

Well Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor and I have started our mud trudge.

I hadn't noticed this before, but walking through somebody else's mud is easier walking than trudging through your own. It could simply be the fact that it doesn't stick to me the same way my own mud did, it could be the fact that all I have to do is look off to my left and there she is, my traveling companion, walking a bit behind us, pulling the canoe along the river, and watching me intently to see if I slip or look like I am struggling.

I have no doubt in my mind that she would drop that canoe and come get me if I did or was. 

We are silent as we walk. 

The only sounds are the white noise of the river, some birds singing, and the ever-present sound of sucking mud. Every step we hear, the sound of mud allowing our boots to slide into it, and then the sound of mud holding fast to our feet, pulling back hard, as we try to pull them free to take another step. 

"T" is looking down at the mud, as if he is afraid to look away from it and it will just completely engulf him like one of those bad horror films where the person steps into quicksand and is quickly swallowed up; at least to their neck, and then taking an excruciating amount of time to slowly, ever so slowly, suck them in the rest of the way.

I am walking right beside him looking at him, waiting, ever so waiting, for him to decide to open up about why we are here. 

If you are wondering why I am using the "ever so" speak, it is because "T" loves to use it, usually in a meditation exercise. Anyone who has ever been in a "T" meditation exercise will know what I mean, if you don't, well you just need to experience one.

As we trudged, "T," lost in his thoughts, I, lost in his thoughts.

God crossed my mind.

I began to wonder how many times God stood beside me, waiting patiently for me to say something. A lament, a question, a praise, a blessing in my life...Just something that He could then enter into with me. 

How often I had blocked Him out, not intentionally, maybe so, blocking Him out all the same, and He waiting patiently for me to bring Him into the conversation. 

I thought, "It takes a very big God to be so patient, so understanding, so loving; especially when you have the devil screaming in your ear the whole time. 

You know who the devil is, he is the, "You're not" voice in your head." 

  • You're not smart
  • You're not pretty
  • You're not good enough
  • You're not lovable
I could go on, but you get the jist. 

A lesser god would try to out scream at the devil, not our God, no, He whispers instead. 

He whispers things like:

  • You are smart
  • You are pretty
  • You are good enough
  • You are lovable
Mostly He whispers, "Don't worry, I am here with you, all the way."

So I walk next to my friend, remaining silent, waiting for him to invite me in. I know he will when he is ready. I just need to remain present so I don't sleep through the invite. 

How is your walk going today?

Are you walking alone or with someone else? 

Are you walking with someone beside you, or are you walking beside someone else? 

Where are your thoughts today?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment