My Book

My Book

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The world fell off its axis, and onto its asses

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

My traveling companion and I were enjoying our ride down the river in our canoe. My original stress and anxiety as I sat in the canoe has faded. The combination of paddling, great conversations, and just being with someone to whom you can relax and let your guard down brings a person peace. For me, it feels as if I am sitting with Jesus. 

When I am sitting with Jesus everything is in the right place, including my mind. 

As I said, we were enjoying our ride, and each other, when out of nowhere my phone rang. 

My first thought was, "Crap, I am back in cell service."

My second thought was, "I wonder who would be calling me?"

My third thought was, "Do I even want to answer it?"

My fourth thought was, "Why am I having all these thoughts?"

I answered the phone, and put it on speaker. It was Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor.

I said, "Hello?" Much in the same way Ron Burgundy says, Ron Burgundy?" I said, "You are on speaker and my traveling companion is here with me, is that ok?"

Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor says, "yes."

Trevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvor (Which for the remained of this story will be shortened to "T" for obvious reasons) says, "How are you?"

I say, " I'm good."

T- "What is good?"

My fifth thought (I am getting tired of counting thoughts already) is, "Oh this is going to be one of those conversations." In case you are wondering what one of "those conversations" is with me and "T"; it is a conversation with us yelling at each other, asking inane questions to each other, and laughing a lot, because, at the end of the day, we both think we are funny. finally, getting to our "stuff" and talking about that.

I often wonder how many people have a relationship with their CEO that can get away with saying the things that I say to mine?

R- "My knee doesn't hurt and I feel happy."

T- "Why"

R- "Great question."

T- "Because you are on pain meds you idiot."

Have I mentioned our relationship is loving and gentle?

I also don't think I mentioned that I had knee surgery just a few hours ago in the real world. 

T- "Hey, I have been through some of my own challenges and I want to know if you will walk through the mud with me?"

R- "Of course, I will."

T- "I want you to include me in your story."

R- "You do? I will rip your mask off in front of a bunch of people."

T- "I know. The fact that you are brave enough to do it gives me courage, and I want to show others that they can do it too!"

My sixth thought was, "Hmmm...what would the world look like if this becomes a thing? People ripping their masks off in full view of the world; what a crazy, courageous thing."

R- "Ok, I guess we are going to have to meet, talk about things, and then write about us."

T- "Yep."

I turn to my traveling companion and give her my classic look.

She knows the look and says, "It is ok, go help your friend. I will be close by, just in case you get stuck too."

I turn my attention back to "T."

R- "Tell me what happened."

T- "The world fell off its axis, and onto its asses. Technically, it is my world, but to me, my world is the world."

R- "Where are you now?"

T- "Look over to your right."

I look to my right, and there he is; standing in the mud up to his knees. He is stuck!

TC- "Roger, get out of the canoe and help him."

I hesitate, the mud is a scary place to be.

She tips the canoe over, and I fall into the river. 

Have I mentioned my traveling companion is a hard-headed woman and is a real pain in the ___ sometimes?

I pick myself up and look at her. Before I can say anything she says, "I got the canoe and will be right behind you all the way."

I walk over to "T," grab his hand and pull really hard. The familiar sucking sound of mud letting go comes to our ears, and "T" pulls free.

God is a funny duck. While He didn't throw me into my mud just so He could save me to show His greatness. No, in fact, He would have rather I didn't get muddy at all. He is there with me, and if I allow Him to, He will Help me use my experience to help others stuck in the mud.  

Now I am going to help my brother, this should be quite a story.

Stay tuned.

Blessings,

Roger

Oh yes, please pray for Padme and her family. Her father is getting hip replacement surgery today. He is a tough old bird, but he is still a bird, and birds sing when they are happy, and squawk when they are not. My prayer is that the surgery is a complete success, that he comes out stronger and better than when he went in, and that he is pain-free. That the family finds peace and tranquility as they wait in that room in the hospital, I always wondered why they called it a waiting room. Amen  



No comments:

Post a Comment