My Book

My Book

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Somehow I get strength in my weakness. It makes me want to read 2 Corinthians again.

Good morning,
I pray the day finds you well.

I am in a great mood this morning, I don't really know why but I am. My eyes popped open before the alarm and I got out of bed and I am happy, and I don't know why.

Nothing in my life has changed, per se. I didn't win the lottery (I really don't think that would make me happy anyway, it might for some people, but I doubt I would be any happier), I haven't bought a ticket in God knows when. No, really, God does know when, but I can't remember. I didn't get promoted. I am not sure how you get promoted once you become the "Other duties as assigned" guy. 

I just feel good, and feeling good makes me happy. 

I took a look at my boots and there is still mud on them, it is old and caked, kind of flaky but it never really goes away. I am getting used to the fact that I wear muddy boots.  People have looked at my boots and said, "You have muddy boots." and I have replied, "Yes, I do." 

Some people are surprised that I would have muddy boots.

They say, "I can't believe you have muddy boots!"

I reply, "Why is that so hard to believe?"

They say, "You're an ordained minister, how can you have muddy boots?"

I reply, "Ordained ministers have some of the muddiest boots there are."

They look at me in disbelief. I guess they went to one of those plastic smile churches. 

My boots are muddy, my life is transparent. I am vulnerable, and I am weak. 

Somehow I get strength in my weakness. It makes me want to read 2 Corinthians again.  

I will go to the "Y" today and love people. If they ask me how I am doing, I will tell them. If they don't, ok. 

I will listen the best that I can. I won't try to fix, mostly because I can't fix what is broken in them, that is God's work, not mine. I will walk beside them, and hold them up when they feel they cannot go on. 

I will rejoice with the rejoicing and mourn with the mourning. 

Today will be a good day!

Blessings,
Roger







No comments:

Post a Comment