My Book

My Book

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The river is tranquil, and the conversations are flowing.

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

The river is tranquil, and the conversations are flowing. So far this part of the journey has been uncomplicated and not too demanding, in fact, it really hasn't been demanding at all, the river has been doing the heavy lifting (no, that is not a stab at my weight). 

My brother and sister arrived last Thursday afternoon. Before I go too far into this story I had better clarify two very important things:

  • It is actually Laurie's sister and her husband.
  • They are not my biological brother and sister, that would just be weird if they were my biological brother and sister and were married. 
  • Most people would call them their brother and sister-in-law.
  • I don't use the term in-law. If you have an in-law you have an out-law. It is just the law of equal and opposite. Something Newton was fond of talking about. 
    • An object in motion tends to stay in motion and an object at rest tends to stay at rest unless acted upon by an unbalanced force...for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
And before you go into the whole, "Newton was talking physics, not family structure." I am going to point out the four laws of being a theologian:
  1. Theologians don't worry about the crossover between the sciences.
  2. Theologians are horrible at math. 
They traveled by car and saw a lot of really cool stuff along the way. They stayed mainly on the secondary roads, only jumping on the interstate when necessary. 

I thought that was brilliant and is my preferred way to travel. If you absolutely have to be there overnight ship FedEx, wait no, if you absolutely have to be there in a hurry go by interstate, otherwise do yourself a favor and slow down, look around, and take the secondary highways and such. 

I am glad they got here safe and sound. I wonder what trouble Jeff and I will get into during their visit. I am a little worried about the garage sale part, they love to garage sale and so does Laurie. 

Last year when they came out I ended up with 5 garages and 2 yards, yes they hit a few yard sales too. 

The river is tranquil and the going is easy, but we are getting close to a bend in the river, I will have to get out and scout the next section, you never want to go around a blind corner on a river, bad things could happen.  

Have you ever just blindly gone around a corner? the phrase, "I didn't see that coming; comes to mind." 

What are the blind corners in your life that you should take a look at before entering them do you have? 

Something to ponder.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment