My Book

My Book

Friday, June 16, 2023

I do love my traveling companion, did I mention she is a hard-headed woman?

Good morning,

I pray the day finds you well.

"Roger, what the hell are you doing?" 

That is how my traveling companion greeted me when she arrived. There I was obviously free of the mud, but just standing there. I must have been there for a while.

I said, "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with the canoe?"

She replied, "I was, but then I began to wonder where you were; then I began to worry about where you were, finely I thought, 'forget the canoe, I better go find that fool before he wanders into the mud again.' Now stop messing around and get over here."

She grabbed my hand and yarded me, not gently mind you, out of the mud. She pointed me down the path back to the canoe and said, "Go."

I do love my traveling companion, did I mention she is a hard-headed woman?

As she pushed me down the path she ripped off the rearview mirror saying, "You won't be needing this anymore." 

I have a feeling my rearview mirror is a lot like a pimple. You get rid of one, only to find another one is growing in its place. And like pimples on a teenager, it just takes time to grow out of them. 

This rearview mirror thing is just going to take some time to get over. 

I am still wearing my mask, I guess it is for everyone else, she sees right through it, in fact, she thinks the mask is ugly and ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder if I keep it on when we are alone just to piss her off. 

Did I ever mention that I can be a jerk sometimes? 

There isn't much conversation as we walk back to the canoe, there isn't a need for one. 

When we reach the canoe, I see she had tied it off to a tree and everything was safe. In hindsight, I guess we should have just tied the canoe off in the first place and scouted together. But then again, I have never been the brightest brick in the pond. 

We get our stuff together, get into the canoe, without mishap, and shove off. 

It is good to be back in the canoe, the water is lapping against the side, and the paddle strokes are almost silent as they cut into and then push the water behind the canoe. Paddling is interesting, you don't just put the paddle in the water, you insert it intentionally, and then pull with your legs, back, and arms. Done right, you can do this all day, like 10 hours all day. If done wrong, you won't last 30-min. 

I enjoy paddling, it helps my spiritual state. 

My pain is still with me, but more manageable. I guess eventually, I will have to talk with one of my psychologist friends. You know you have issues when you have three psychologists who are just dying to get into your head.  

I am glad that I can entertain somebody, even if it is a psychologist. I must be related to lettuce somehow. 

I must set my heart on the things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. I must set my mind on the things above, not the things of the earth. I must remember this, it will keep me safe. 

I thank God for my traveling companion. 

Have you thanked God for yours?

Something to ponder.

Blessings,

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment